Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Unique conversation starters

Howdy folks, I figured I'd post something light about myself, but usually that sort of thing leads to endless anecdotal tangents and rambling galore. In the good name of brevity, I found what are supposed to be "unique" questions to slip into a conversation when meeting someone new. Hopefully this brings something a little above the Myspace "ZOMG 25 Qestionz!!!!!!" standard for your reading enjoyment. For those of you who don't know me at all, here I am on a poor quality webcam.



Here goes.

What's your favorite Dr. Seuss book?

Easy. The all time classic "Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?" In which an old man sits on a cactus telling a young lad about all manner of ridiculous situations involving the misfortune of others. To this day I stop to remember the poor guy on his camel wamel whose faddle got loose. I'm telling you duckie, he's gone like a goose! 



What's your favorite Barry Manilow song?

Again, no question. Copa Cabana. I remember all the lyrics and corresponding dance moves from a time my sister had to perform it. I remember my first experience in a private karaoke room, at the end of the night a little phone rang and a guy let us know it was the last song - up comes my choice of Copa Cabana, I felt the need to perform it on the table, surrounded by a group of gawking Chinese kids, none of whom I really knew.

If you could live in any home on a television series, what would it be?

It would have to be the Addams Family house. There was just so much cool shit going on, and that fucking hand would appear whenever any small services were required. Sweet crib.

Who's your favorite Muppet?

I'm a huge Jim Henson fan, and a muppet enthusiast. It's really difficult, but the one who always made me laugh the most both as a child and today has to be that Swedish Chef. Absolutely sensational, the height of silly fun.







What's the best bargain you've ever found at a garage sale or thrift store?

I remember once finding 2 copies of Silver Surfer #1 at a garage sale once. I think they were part of a 10 comics for $1 sale. I remember selling one for about 50 bucks, a lot at the time!






Describe something that's happened to you for which you have no explanation.

The only time anything vaguely supernatural or unexplainable happened to me was when I was around 14, I remember reaching for a glass on the kitchen counter, and as soon as my hand touched the glass it literally shattered into a hundred pieces, not a break but a small explosion. Glass was in every corner of the room, and I was alone which made it more freaky. I was 14, so the only explanation I can muster is that perhaps I hadn't masturbated that day and it was an excess of magical fapping energy built up in my hand. Who knows.

What's the habit you're proudest of breaking?

Too easy. I rid myself of heroin addiction over 10 years ago now, and though I have still used all manner of drugs, I have never taken on a heroin habit again since I quit. That took all the strength I had. Lately I have stopped drinking, but that's more something I wanted to do anyway.


What's your favorite Cyndi Lauper song?


True Colours. It's probably my favourite 80's ballad, total gold.








If you could go to Disney World with any celebrity alive today, who would it be?

That has got to be the stupidest question ever. If I was to meet a celebrity, that's the last place either of us would want to be, unless it was some kid, or Michael Jackson, but he's dead. But I guess if I was going to ride the teacups with anyone, it would be David Lynch. 



So there you go, a few things on me. 


Till next time


Ratty

1 comment: